GFXStudio
Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.

Let's Draw Together!

AcasaUltimele imaginiCăutareÎnregistrareConectare

Floating menu effect

In jos 
AutorMesaj
VeNoX
Administrator
Administrator
VeNoX

masculin Numarul mesajelor : 86
Warn :
Floating menu effect Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Floating menu effect Right_bar_bleue

Concursuri Castigate :
Floating menu effect Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Floating menu effect Right_bar_bleue

SOTW :

Activitatea :

Data de inscriere : 13/01/2009

Floating menu effect Empty
MesajSubiect: Floating menu effect   Floating menu effect Icon_minitimeMier Ian 14, 2009 12:31 am

I am going to show you an easy way to get a stunning floating menu effect you can use for a website.

Floating menu effect Screenshotfront

I am going to make the canvas pretty large for this project to show you exactly how you could use this for a site. All of my screenshots will be sized smaller, but I will provide a link to view a larger version. So I will start off with an 800X600px canvas and make the background a dark blue color. I used #002F3F. Here is a color sample:

Floating menu effect Screenshot1

Now I am going to add 3 guides to my canvas so my menu is sized well. In my version of photoshop go to view>>new guide>> click horizontal and key in your size.

Floating menu effect Screenshot2

My first guide is at 70px horizontal, 2nd guide is 85px and 3rd guide is 100px.
H
Floating menu effect Screenshot3

Start a new layer and grab your rectangle marquee tool or your rectangle tool. Fill up the top space in between the guides with the color black:

Floating menu effect Screenshot4

Go into your blending options on that layer and use these settings for the gradient overlay:

Floating menu effect Screenshot5

The two colors used are: #296491 and #95C3CF Ok, do the same thing as in the last step, except fill in the bottom portion of the guides with black as well and choose these settings for the gradient overlay:

Floating menu effect Screenshot6

The two color used are: #000000 and 00415F You should have something like this so far:

Floating menu effect Screenshot7

Now I am going to make the first part of the glow to make this menu look like it is floating, so start another new layer. Get your elliptical marquee tool and draw a shape like this with a bright blue color. The color I used is #0089B8.

Floating menu effect Screenshot8

In the image above you can see my shape is under the other layers. In the image above you can see the shape under my other layers on the canvas, here is a screenshot of it under the layers on my layers palette.. Just grab the layer and drag it down:

Floating menu effect Screenshot22

Now we want to apply a gaussian blur to it by going to filter>>blur>>gaussian blur on the menu. Set it to a radius of 40 pixels. My result so far:

Floating menu effect Screenshot9

Now I am going to add a shadow to finalize the floating effect using my elliptical marquee tool again, except change the color to black. Start a new layer and make a shape like this under the menu layer:

Floating menu effect Screenshot10

Now apply another gaussian blur with a radius of 6.2 pixels Now you should have something similar to this:

Floating menu effect Screenshot11

That looks pretty good if you ask me... Now I am going to add a few more touches to finalize the menu. First draw a little white box that your menu's font will fit
in like this:

Floating menu effect Screenshot12

It doesn't matter where you put it on your menu because we will be duplicating them and moving them around in a our next few steps. Now set the little white box to a 20% opacity, then duplicate the layer four more times. Move them beside each other so that you see a little line in between them like this:

Floating menu effect Screenshot13

Center them on your menu the best you can. Next I am going to add font on each box for the menu text. I am using a font called Zurich CN BT but you can use any font because it will have the same effect. Here is my font on the menu:

Floating menu effect Screenshot14

Now add a drop shadow with blending options using these settings:

Floating menu effect Screenshot15

Now here is the result of that:

Floating menu effect Screenshot16

Then all you have to do is duplicate that text and move it to another block, also changing the text to say what you want on your menu. Here is my final menu:

Floating menu effect ScreenshotFINAL-small
Sus In jos
https://gfxstudio.forumgratuit.ro

Floating menu effect
Sus 
Pagina 1 din 1

Permisiunile acestui forum:Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum
GFXStudio :: GFX :: Tutorials-
Mergi direct la: